- Global Guerrillas - Networked tribes, systems disruption, and the emerging bazaar of violence. Resilient Communities, decentralized platforms, and self-organizing futures. By John Robb
- SurvivalBlog.com - The Daily Web Log for Prepared Individuals Living in Uncertain Times. By James Wesley Rawles
- The Urban Farming Guys - Video blog about 20 families who are building a resilient community in a Kansas City ghetto.
- Naked Capitalism - Finance-related and economic news and analysis, with a particular focus on legal and ethical issues involving the banking industry and problems with the mortgage foreclosure process. By Yves Smith
- How to Save the World - David Pollard talks about everything from intentional communities to peak oil from a "doomer" perspective.
- No Non Sense Self Defense - Self defense site from Marc Animal MacYoung, from the site "... extensive firsthand experience about what does and does not work for self-defense. What he teaches is based on experience and has proven reliability for surviving violence. If it didn't work, he wouldn't be alive to talk about it."
- Shareable Magazine - Shareable Magazine is a nonprofit online magazine about sharing. It offers a large collection of sharing how-to posts such as how to host food and clothing swaps, raise chickens cooperatively, share gardens, start a free market, start a worker coop, and more.
- Long Views is the blog of the Long Now Foundation. The "long now" is nominally from 10,000 years ago through 10,000 years in the future. The foundation holds monthly seminars with a wide variety of provocative thinkers; the talks are available as downloadable audio files.
- Club Orlov - Dimitri Orlov makes a parallel between the URRS collapse and the current US situation. Lots of useful advice.
- The Archdruid Report - Druid perspectives on nature, culture, and the future of industrial society. John Michael Greer posts a weekly analysis of one weakness in our current social customs and makes suggestions on how individuals and families may modify their behavior and thoughts to live more resilient lives.
- Full Listing of United States Army Field Manuals - Not a blog per se. Some sample headings: Topographic Surveying, Plumbing and Pipefitting, Logging and Sawmill Operations, Health Service Support in a Theater of Operations, etc. Hat tip to Randall Head. If this article belongs someplace else, please move it!
- Exploring Complexity by Melanie Mitchell. Stay tuned for posts that summarize interesting papers, give my own perspectives on developments in complex systems research, and respond to readers comments, questions, and suggestions for topics to discuss here. I will try to put up new posts on a monthly (or so) basis, and I welcome your feedback.
- Cassandra's legacy by Ugo Bardi. Cassandra tried, in vain, to warn her fellow Trojan citizens about the dangers ahead. They didn't listen, as we know, but she was right. Today, we still prefer a reassuring lie to an uncomfortable truth. It is the Cassandra legacy. Ugo Bardi's latest book is The Limits to Growth Revisited.