Daniel Suarez (born December 21, 1964) is an American information technology consultant turned author. He initially published under the pseudonym Leinad Zeraus (his name spelled backwards).
He has written a pair of techno-thriller novels. The first one, Daemon, originally was self-published under his own company Verdugo Press in late 2006.
It was later picked up by the major publishing house Dutton and re-released on January 8, 2009. His follow-up book Freedom (TM) was released on January 7, 2010.
Daniel Suarez is a systems consultant to Fortune 1000 companies, avid gamer and best-selling novelist.
Here he talks about how he self published his bestselling novel and the bot-mediated reality it envisions.
Dan appears here in a radio interview in which he discusses his Daemon novel.
- Daniel Suarez answers the question "Are bots (narrow AI) a threat to humans and civilization?" on (fora.tv)
Books by Daniel Suarez
- Daemon by Daniel Suarez. A highly successful video game designer designs a program that monitors the news for his own obit and when it finds it a cascade of other programs are put in motion that lead to positive changes in the world.
- Freedom (TM) by Daniel Suarez. Hackers lead a world revolution toward a new society of greater freedom and self-reliance beyond the control of hollowed out nation states and corporations.
Related books reviewed on MiiU
- The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse by Fernando Ferfal Aguirre.
- Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles