Fiskars Splitting Axe
- The Fiskars Axe is highly regarded by those who have purchased and used it. It has received 143 five star reviews. That's an amazing 5 out of 5 stars for this product by 143 customers. Whether you are looking to cut wood or for home or business self defense, Fiskars may be the axe for you.
Fiskars Super Splitter Axe - First Day posted on YouTube by saraswatilakshm
- Powerful splitting axe is a great choice for anyone who needs to split medium- to large-sized logs quickly
- Designed for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splits
- Perfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed to multiply power, much like an aluminum baseball bat
- Ultra-sharp blade with a low-friction coating and bevel convex blade geometry disperses wood from the blade for clean splits
- Stronger-than-steel FiberComp handle won't break through overstrike, and the PermaHead insert-molded axe head will not loosen or fly off
Fiskar's Splitting Axe
- Available here
Related Fiskars Products
FISKARS X7 - BATTLE HATCHET posted by MountainMonsters
The Fiskars X7 Battle Hatchet is available here.
Other Security and Self Defense Products
- Spyderco Tenacious EDC Knife
- AccuSharp Knife Sharpener
- Battle ax
- Sentry Gun
- JetScream Whistle
- Storm Safety Whistle
- SABRE Compact Pepper Spray
- SABRE Family Home and Protection Pepper Spray
- Mace Pepper Gun
The Fiskars X-Series Advantage
- X-Series axes combine innovative features for chopping axes that chop 3X deeper and splitting axes that offer more one-strike splits.
- More Power at Impact
- All X-Series axes feature a smart design that distributes the majority of the weight to the axe head while keeping the stronger-than-steel FiberComp handle lightweight. This perfected weight distribution provides an optimal power-to-weight ratio that increases swing speed to multiply power, much like an aluminum baseball bat. X-Series axes give you more power at impact to help you get more done with every swing.
- Superior Blade Design
- The blades of X-Series axes are crafted with a proprietary grinding technique that provides a sharper edge for better contact and cleaner cuts. The hardened, forged steel blades also stay sharp longer than traditional axes, and a low-friction blade coating helps power through the tough logs and prevents the axe head from getting stuck. X-Series Splitting Axes also include advanced bevel convex blade geometry that adds even more power and disperses wood from the blade for cleaner, one-strike splits.
- Virtually Unbreakable
- X-Series axes don't just outlast other axes--they're virtually impossible to break. A shock-absorbing FiberComp handle is lightweight yet stronger than steel, so it can't be broken through overstrike. The hardened, forged steel blade won't chip or crack, and the innovative PermaHead design is over-molded so the blade can't be separated from the handle.
A customer reviews the Fiskar Axe
- Review by El Griton on amazon:
This review is from: Fiskars 7854 X25, X-Series Splitting Axe, 28-Inch
After buying the Fiskars standard 2.5 lb splitter and 2.25 lb. chopping axes I decided to buy the heavier 4.5 lb maul (Power Axe 7854) for the harder oak wood and I was not disappointed. I also got the Fiskars sharpening tool (10 dollars) and it works great with all of the Fiskars axes.
One possible problem for some people: The handle could have been about 3 to 4 inches longer on the Power Axe but if one uses good form it works great as a medium weight maul.
As with swinging ANY sharp tool good form and some common sense are a must to avoid injury.
These axes are sharp from the factory but they will not shave hair until you use the sharpener. A few passes with the sharpener and these axes will shave your arm or anything else you want to.
The design of the blade and the teflon coating on it prevents the axe from sticking to the wood. If it fails to split in the first swing just pull it out and take another swing. The light handle keeps the weight up front where it belongs. Also don't forget to lightly oil the blades when done or they will rust in a humid environment. After slicing my finger oiling the camp axe I spray WD-40 on them now.
My old cheap wood handled axe was not very sharp and it kept sticking to the wood so bad that I sometimes needed to hammer it out. Once the handle started to come loose I just gave the thing away
I bought the 14 inch camp axe (20 dollars at Home Depot) but it's too light for all but the smallest chores. Probably will be called on to help butcher deer and wild hogs.
PRO: Great handling, good looking, really sharp tough blades, your gonna love it.
CON: Short handle: watch your form or you will be taking off some toes or worse.
Fiskar's Splitting Axe
- Available here