Handbook of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Series
|Overview or Summary|| Brought to you by the creator of numerous bestselling handbooks, the Handbook of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy provides a thorough grounding in the analytic techniques and technological developments that underpin renewable energy use and environmental protection. The handbook emphasizes the engineering aspects of energy conservation and renewable energy. Taking a world view, the editors discuss key topics underpinning energy efficiency and renewable energy systems. They provide content at the forefront of the contemporary debate about energy and environmental futures. This is vital information for planning a secure energy future.
Practical in approach, the book covers technologies currently available or expected to be ready for implementation in the near future. It sets the stage with a survey of current and future world-wide energy issues, then explores energy policies and incentives for conservation and renewable energy, covers economic assessment methods for conservation and generation technologies, and discusses the environmental costs of various energy generation technologies. The book goes on to examine distributed generation and demand side management procedures and gives a perspective on the efficiencies, economics, and environmental costs of fossil and nuclear technologies.
Highlighting energy conservation as the cornerstone of a successful national energy strategy, the book covers energy management strategies for industry and buildings, HVAC controls, co-generation, and advances in specific technologies such as motors, lighting, appliances, and heat pumps. It explores energy storage and generation from renewable sources and underlines the role of infrastructure security and risk analysis in planning future energy transmission and storage systems. These features and more make the Handbook of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy the tool for designing the energy sources of the future.
|Availability||From Amazon here|
- The Homeowner's Handbook to Energy Efficiency: A Guide to Big and Small Improvements by John Krigger
- Residential Energy: Cost Savings and Comfort for Existing Buildings (5th Edition) by John T. Krigger
- Green from the Ground Up: Sustainable, Healthy, and Energy-Efficient Home Construction (Builder's Guide) by David Johnston
- Kicking the Carbon Habit: Global Warming and the Case for Renewable and Nuclear Energy by William Sweet
- Energy Efficiency Manual: for everyone who uses energy, pays for utilities, designs and builds, is interested in energy conservation and the environment by Donald Wulfinghof
- Handbook of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Series by Frank Kreith
- Cut Your Energy Bills Now: 150 Smart Ways to Save Money and Make Your Home More Comfortable and Green by Bruce Harley
- The Home Energy Diet: How to Save Money by Making Your House Energy-Smart (Mother Earth News Wiser Living Series) by Paul Scheckel
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Consumption: The Rebound Effect (Energy, Climate and the Environment) by Horace Herring
- The Rewards of Making Energy-Efficient Choices: Experience the Benefits of Being Green by David Nelmes
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits: 140 Simple Solutions to Lower Energy Costs, Increase Your Home's Efficiency, and Save the Environment (Tab Green Guru Guides) by David S. Findley
- Profiting from Clean Energy: A Complete Guide to Trading Green in Solar, Wind, Ethanol, Fuel Cell, Carbon Credit Industries, and More (Wiley Trading) by Richard W. Asplund
- Promoting Energy Efficiency Investments: Case Studies in the Residential Sector by International Energy Agency