Here are initial ideas on what a MiiU Community portal can do:
- identify pages that need editing or of low quality
- list of pages that are promising stubs to be filled in
- recognize top 3 or 4 most active members
- provide a RSS feed linking to interesting news stories (can we do this by keyword?)
- list recommended reading books/blogs/URLs
- John Robb, the man behind MiiU, describes his vision for Open Source Ventures in a presentation filmed at The Hub in San Francisco.
Join in the conversation by clicking on the Discussion tab above, or in the Discussion at the Main MiiU page.
- Book pages should be Brave New War by John Robb, not one continuous string. This way, we create more pages, and make it easier to navigate. To do this, we have to redirect the current pages. The code for that is poundsignREDIRECT twobracket New Page Title twobracket
- One way to gain inspiration is to browse Amazon for useful tools and then create a page about them. Make sure to include some of the knowledge gleaned from the reviews there.
- Survivalist oriented products, books and blogs may be well received.
- If you know of a small but useful wiki or a great wiki that's not getting the visibility it deserves, let us know. We can try to bring them into the fold.
- Consider starting a comprehensive section on homeschooling similar to the forthcoming Permaculture in scope.
Specific Pages Needed
- The "Food Storage" page. 246k monthly searches. High competition. Almost all of the top results are stores.
- The "Composter" page. 246k global monthly (71 k US). High competition.
- The "First Aid" page. Millions a month. High to medium competition. Need philosophy behind different kits. Could make a career on pages built on this topic.
- Same thing with the "Solar Panel" page. Millions. High comp. Could make a career on this.
- Subtopic: "Solar Lighting" 368k monthly. Amazing competition for ads on this keyword combo. Lots more
- The "Water Filter" page. Millions. Lots pages. High to medium comp.
- The "Aquaponics" Page 110k monthly. Medium comp. Grow lights is big.
All items from:
- Back issues from: http://interestingtimesmagazine.com/
In no particular order until someone prioritizes them:
- Generators - stubbed out now
- Greenhouses - both DIY and premade.
- Beer brewing
- Canning - how and what to.
- Corded phone
- Satellite phones
- Radio: CB, Shortwave, Ham radio (Amateur_Radio) and scanners - part of Communications
- TV antenna
- Uninterrupted Power Supply
- Fire Extinguisher
- Ductape (sp?)
- Personal health
- Cash reserve
- Rain barrel
- Solar Water Disinfection
- Camping stoves
- Pellet stove - stubbed out
- Water pumps
- Barbed wire