Solar energy and heat from the sun has been collected by humans since ancient times using a plethora of technologies. Solar radiation accounts for most of the available renewable energy on earth. Only a tiny fraction of available solar energy is used.
Solar technologies are broadly characterized as either passive solar or active solar depending on the way they capture, convert and distribute solar energy. Active solar techniques include the use of photovoltaic panels and solar thermal collectors to harness the energy. Passive solar techniques include orienting a building to the Sun, selecting materials with favorable thermal mass or light dispersing properties, and designing spaces that naturally circulate air. 1
Solar Energy Products
- ReVIVE Series Solar ReStore 1500mAh External Battery Pack with Universal USB Charging Port for HTC , Motorola , Samsung , T-Mobile Android Smartphones / Kindle 2 , DX , Nook / AT&T and Verizon Apple iPod , iPhone and More USB Powered Devices
- AA and AAA Solar Battery Charger - Charge Your Batteries Via USB or Sun Power - Features Also Include a Battery Tester and USB Output for Charging Cell Phones, iPods/mp3s, and More
Sun, solar, energy, Solar Energy, radiant light, heat from the sun, solar radiation, solar-powered resources, wind power, wave power, hydroelectricity, biomass, renewable energy
- Solar Training, Solar Installer Training, Renewable Energy ...
- Solar energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Solar Energy - Your Infinite Resource - Coming Soon
- Solar Energy
- Cheap solar energy closer to becoming a reality
- DIY guide for solar panels