The Art of Manipulating Fabric
|Overview or Summary|| The possibilities for three-dimensional manipulation of fabric--gathering, pleating, tucking, shirring, and quilting woven materials--are seemingly endless. To describe them all would be to describe the entire history of sewing.
In The Art of Manipulating Fabric, Colette Wolff has set herself just this task and she succeeds brilliantly. Working from the simplest possible form--a flat piece of cloth and a threaded needle--she categorizes all major dimensional techniques, shows how they are related, and gives examples of variations both traditional and modern. The result is an encyclopedia of techniques that resurface, reshape, restructure and reconstruct fabric.
|Availability||From Amazon here|
Sewing, Stitching, Stichery
- Sew Everything Workshop: The Complete Step-by-Step Beginner's Guide with 25 Fabulous Original Designs, Including 10 Patterns by Diana Rupp
- Free-Motion Quilting Made Easy: 186 Designs from 8 Simple Shapes (That Patchwork Place) by Eva A. Larkin
- The Complete Photo Guide to Sewing (Singer Sewing Reference Library) by The Editors of Creative Publishing international and Singer
- The Art of Manipulating Fabric by Colette Wolff
- High Fashion Sewing Secrets from the World's Best Designers: A Step-By-Step Guide to Sewing Stylish Seams, Buttonholes, Pockets, Collars, Hems, And More (Rodale Sewing Book) by Claire B. Shaeffer
- The Dressmaker's Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques: Essential Step-by-Step Techniques for Professional Results by Lynda Maynard